OBTAINING A ForeseeHome PRESCRIPTION
The ForeseeHome AMD Monitoring Program is a Medicare-covered service for patients enrolled in Medicare and who meet the eligibility criteria for Dry AMD at high risk of progression to Wet AMD. The ForeseeHome AMD Monitoring Program is a service to those with Dry AMD to monitor for early signs of Wet AMD, the vision-threatening form of AMD, to detect Wet AMD as soon as possible to help preserve vision.
ForeseeHome is available to patients with a prescription from their eye doctor. If you have Dry AMD at high risk for progressing to Wet AMD, please schedule an appointment with your eyecare specialist to obtain a prescription.
If you have received a prescription from your eyecare specialist:
- Notal Vision will contact you within 2 to 3 business days of receiving your prescription to verify Medicare or other insurer's benefit for the ForeseeHome Monitoring service. If you have not received a phone call, please feel free to contact Notal Vision at 1-888-910-2020.
- During the call from Notal Vision, you will be asked for your insurance information. Once enrollment is completed, a ForeseeHome device will be sent to your home within one week.
- Once you receive the device, please contact Notal Vision to help you begin monitoring with ForeseeHome. During the device set up telephone call, you will be asked to sign an Assignment of Benefits that permits Notal Vision to bill for the Medicare service of ForeseeHome monitoring on your behalf. Please click here to refer to the Assignment of Benefits form for more information.
- Please click here to review the Terms & Conditions for monitoring with ForeseeHome.
- We are here to help you. Please do not hesitate to contact Notal Vision at 1-888-910-2020 from 8am to 8pm EST with any questions you may have.
Patient information is confidential and will be maintained in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
If you would like to participate in the ForeseeHome AMD Monitoring Program, please contact us.